Cooking time (approx.): 20 minutes
Unakkachemmen/ Dry Prawn / Dry Shrimp– 1/2 Cup
Grated coconut – 2 cups
Red chillies/ Vattal Mulaku – 8 ( 1 ½ tablespoon Chilly powder also)
Shallots/ Chuvunnulli – 8-10
Curry leaves – Few
Ginger – 2 tsp
Tamarind / Valan Puli– a lemon size or even lesser
Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
- Wash the shrimps in water.
- Dry roast the shrimps in a hot pan without oil, all the water content is gone and they become a slightly pale color.
- Roast the chilies for one minute ,then add the coconut, shallots , ginger, curry leaf, salt until it turns little brown.
- Grind the roasted shrimps and roasted mixture with tamarind water* for few minutes.
- Garnish with roasted curry leafs
Note : * Sock the tamarind in water to make the tamarind water. Filter it using a sieve.