1/2 kg boneless chicken, cubed or cut into strips
2 onions, sliced
2 green capsicums, cubed
3 green chillies
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp cumin/Perumjeerakam powder
1 1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 cup + 3 tbsp yoghurt
1/2 cup water
1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
salt to taste
1. Marinate the chicken pieces with garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala, 3 tbsp yoghurt and salt and refrigerate it for atleast an hour.
2. Grind tomatoes and green chillies together to a fine paste and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, add the sliced onions and fry till soft and keep it aside. Add capsicums and saute for 1-2 minutes. Keep it aside.
4. In the same oil, add the marinated chicken pieces and fry till the chicken is soft and dry. Remove the chicken from the oil.
5. Add chilli powder and the remaining marinade in the same oil and saute. Then add the chicken and water and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add 1/4 cup yoghurt, fried onions and the ground paste and cook till dry.
7. Add the sauteed capsicums and cook for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve…
Thattikuttu Tips . Do take the time to marinate the chicken as this makes the chicken juicy and full of flavour. You can also make this recipe with prawns. Just do the same thing with the prawns as you do with the chicken but for a shorter period of cooking time.