Seer fish ( Ney meen) /King fish (Aiykoora) : 1/2 kg /
Small Red onion /Shallots/Chuvunnulli : 5-8 nos (thinly sliced)
Fenugreek Seeds/ Uluva : 1/4 tsp
Green chillies : 3-4 nos
Kukum star/Kudampuli : 2-3 pieces
Curry leaves : 2 sprig
Coconut oil : 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
To Grind :
Small Red onion /Shallots : 10
Fennel seeds powder /Perumjeerakam Arachathu :1/2 tsp
Red chilly powder : 2 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
1. Clean and cut the fish into pieces.Soak the kukam star/kudam puli in 1/4 cup water.
2. In blender grind the ingredients mentioned above “To Grind” to fine paste and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil in the pan when its hot, add fenugreek seed, sliced small onions and sauté for few minutes and curry leaves and sauté well till onions turns to golden brown.
4. Add grounded red chilli paste, sauté on low fire till oil separates from the sides.
5. Add soaked kudam puli with its water and pour enough water to cover all fish pieces and add salt, bring to boil.
6. When its done add the fish pieces and cover and cook in the medium heat,once the fish is cooked reduce the fire to lower flame and cook until the gravy thickens
7. Sprinkle coconut oil and the curry leaves to fish curry.Turn off the stove and keep the curry covered, let the flavor set.
8. Serve hot with Kappa/Rice/Poratto